Multi skilled Fitter required for a client based in Basingstoke, Hampshire. As a leader within their sector they currently work with a number of internationally recognised manufacturers within a variety of sectors including food and beverage, pharmaceutical, aerospace and health.
Working within a small team the successful candidate will primarily be required to do new build of production machinery as well as some installation and maintenance which will involve travel both within the UK and Worldwide. It is expected that the split will be roughly 60% (factory) and 40% (field based). This role would suit anyone who has previous experience of working within a manufacturing, maintenance, installation or field service environment with experience of working on production machinery.
Multi skilled Fitter Requirements:
* Ideally apprentice served, or trained and educated in mechanical/electrical engineering ideally with City & Guilds or NVQ qualifications including 18th edition wiring regulations.
* A proven background within a fitting role on mechanical/electrical equipment and machinery, including use of simple control systems
* Proficient in welding and using general workshop machinery such as lathes, milling machines would be advantageous.
* Ideally as a Mechanical & Electrical Fitter you will have field service experience
* Competent in creating and or modify existing RAMS for site works would be advantageous
* PLC/HMI literate and able to understand Siemens S7 would be advantageous
Multi skilled Fitter Responsibilities:
* The Multi skilled Fitter will be required to assemble new production equipment
* Working in accordance to instructions, engineering drawings and bills of material
* Manufacture components as required from time to time, some will require a 'make on assembly' approach
* The Multi skilled Fitter may be required to use a variety of workshop equipment including mills, lathes, welding, finishing equipment, polishing machines where qualified to do so.
* Carry out site acceptance tests, investigations and fault finding as well as service and repair work.
If you are interested in this Multi skilled Fitter opportunity, click Apply Now and we will be in touch with you soon.