ProTech is urgently seeking applications from experienced Mechanical Design Engineers to work within a well-established, growing and internationally recognised engineering utilities company. As a business they currently work with a number of water utility companies and are heavily involved in the supply of design, fabrication and site services as a result this role promises to be varied and challenging, although initially a 6 month contract this will become a permanent position.
As a Design Engineer you will have a strong background in designing within an industrial process sector covering product design as well as mechanical layouts.
Mechanical Design Engineer Requirements:
* Demonstrated CAD Skills in SolidWorks (through portfolio /or 3D modelling) as well as ideally 2D AutoCad
* Experienced with PI&D
* Experienced in sheet metal fabrication processes, mild and stainless steel pipework fabrication / assemblies and access platforms and walkways.
* Experienced in using MS-Word, Excel, Power-point and Outlook.
* Proven mechanical engineering background at either degree or HND/HNC qualification level.
* 5 years' experience as a Mechanical Design Engineer, preferably in steel fabrication within the utilities sector.
Mechanical Design Engineer Responsibilities:
* Create 3D Models in SolidWorks, to include; Concept models, Plant layouts, incorporating specialist equipment (in house / external), with interconnection pipework, access platforms etc.
* Development of full detailed models to output components fabrication drawings, component part assemblies and general arrangement all in a range of formats - DXF, 2D CAD etc.
* Provide detailed information on generated drawings relating to fabrication and assembly requirements
* Producing process & instrumentation diagrams (P&ID) in 2D environment
* All work to comply with the company QA system for document generation, development and control
* Interface developed models within client BIM systems
* Work closely with Technical team to deliver outputs for the Sales and Project Delivery Teams
* Support development of the mechanical design function and technical department
If you are interested in this Mechanical Design Engineer role, click Apply Now and we will be in touch with you soon.