Job Title: Test Engineer
PAYE Hourly Rate: £17.00
Ltd Hourly Rate: £22.00
IR35 status: This contract will fall outside IR35
Location: High Wycombe
Key skills: Test, assembly, production, electronics, manufacture, instrumentation, oscilloscope, diagnostics, soldering
Are you a Test Engineer looking for your next role?
Due to a sudden surge of orders and extra cover being needed, this company are looking for an experienced Test Engineer to join their team. The role will be varied and for the right candidate could lead to more senior positions.
Please note - You will need to be in the UK, be a UK citizen and be able to work full time hours without sponsorship to be considered for this role.
Test Engineer Requirements:
* Ideally you should have previous experience of loading windows programs onto computers and running drives to test for updates
* Board-level, sub-assembly and finished instrument testing experience
* Candidates should be able to demonstrate that they are proficient in the use of electronic test and diagnostic equipment including oscilloscope, DVMs etc
* You should be able to follow verbal instructions for testing and assembling pre-production assemblies
* Ideally been trained to IPC610 standards although full training will be given
Test Engineer Responsibilities:
* Primarily you will be loading Microsoft Windows onto new laptops and computers, and loading drives
* Daily testing of items from the production departments, according to customer specs
* Regular completion of test paperwork for auditing purposes
* Candidates will also be required to use various test equipment to test down to component level
* Candidates will be required to fault diagnosis of test related issues
* Identifying improvements to current procedures and detailing them for future implementation
* Repair and maintain test equipment
If you are a Test Engineer looking for work, please click on Apply now and we will be in touch with you soon.