Salary: From £35,000 p/a + Comprehensive Benefits Package
Are you an experienced Project Manager looking for your next opportunity to lead, organise, control and manage the performance of one or more projects?
Do you want to be in charge of capital equipment / special purpose machinery projects with values of us to £500k?
Do you have experience in a high-tech R&D environment?
If you are a Project Manager looking for your next role then there is an opportunity to join a company with an impressive reputation for developing innovative and award winning solutions from concept to delivery.
* A strong educational background in Engineering - qualified to Degree Level as a minimum (or equivalent qualification / apprenticeship)
* Ideally a minimum of 5 years' experience of Project Management, with at least 3 in capital equipment and / or special purpose machinery.
* Experience of Industry Standard formal project management techniques (PRINCE2 etc.) and strong capability with using Microsoft Project to produce and maintain complex project plans.
* Financially astute and good operational planning and budgeting skills with strong commercial awareness.
* Good awareness of manufacturing, R&D and marketing processes and terminology.
* Experience within the life sciences sector or similar.
* Strong communication skills and proven experience with liaising with customers and senior management in a confident and professional manner.
* After sales / handover meetings - take responsibility for the project until handover to the client.
* Be responsible for leading one or more project teams to develop products within agreed timescales and costs.
* Monitor and control progress of projects from the initial post-sales stage, right through to manufacturing, installation & commissioning.
* Create project plans and monitor control performance against plans and take corrective action if necessary to ensure plans are adhered to.
* Control and manage Project Engineers and budget for each project to maximise return on investment.
* Report on all aspects of the phases of each project from inception to acceptance to hand over.
* Liaise with third parties as appropriate in a professional manner to manage the performance of development work by them.
* Candidates will be expected to contribute to the development of extended and new business by way of creation or input to costed proposals.
If you are interested in this Project Manager opportunity, click Apply Now and we will be in touch with you soon.