Industry: Electronics / Manufacturing
Hourly Rate: £11.20/hour (PAYE) or £15.00/hour (Umbrella) + overtime premiums
Duration: 6-9 months
IR35: Please note, this role will fall within IR35 guidelines
Location: Duxford, Cambs
A leading Contract Electronics Manufacturer is seeking skilled PCB Re-workers to join their Production team on a 6-9 month contract basis.
Your role will solely be to ensure that PCB's that have previously been made for the US electronics market, are made compatible with their EU counterparts by replacing 6 various components with new ones.
You will need to be aware that this role will be extremely repetitive, so attention to detail and the willingness to do the same thing every day is essential
PCB Reworker Requirements:
* Previous (and recent) PCB rework experience is essential - no application will be considered without this
* Trained to a relevant IPC standard or can demonstrate a working knowledge of industry standards of quality
* Skilled in the use of hot air solder guns and soldering irons
* Must be able to solder on surface mount components
* To have good colour recognition skills for component recognition
* The ability to work whilst using magnification equipment
* Have a keen eye for detail as this job involves working with very small parts - Component size is 0102, 0204 & 0306
* Must be willing to work long (and sometimes unsociable) hours where needed as overtime will be regularly available and expected.
PCB Reworker Responsibilities:
* To rework & replace surface mount components as per requirements. The requirement will be in the form of written instructions or images from a master PCB
* To complete modifications, and surface mount component replacement to IPC standards
* To inspect completed assemblies as detailed in the relevant process and procedural specifications to IPC/customer specifications
* To work in a clean and efficient manner, with a right first time attitude
* To follow company procedures at all times to ensure product and process integrity is maintained at all times
* To assist engineering and the quality departments with technical queries and investigations as they arise
* To support the creation of documentation as required
* To assist with continuous improvement activities as required
If you are interested in this PCB Reworker opportunity click Apply Now and we will be in touch with you soon.