PAYE Rate: £27.91
Umbrella Co: £37.35 per hour (Umbrella Co)
Duration: 6-12 months
Key Skills: Mechanical Design, Inventor, Machinery, Engineering, GD&T, Concept Design
Our client, a world leader in the design and supply of machinery across the globe, is looking for an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer to come in and cover a project for 6-12 months.
We are looking for someone with a good grounding in Mechanical Design, proficient in the use of Inventor and who can pick up project work from day 1.
Initially, you will be required on site full time, but once you are up to speed, there would be work from home option, with the occasional visit to the offices
Mechanical Designer Requirements:
* A relevant engineering degree (or other similar qualification) is mandatory, along with industry experience in machinery component design
* Experience of concept design, and taking products from first draft / concept stage through to manufacture
* Experience of Inventor for the design of machinery, sub-assemblies and machined parts is also essential
* SAP experience is essential for this role
Mechanical Designer Responsibilities:
* Design and develop new products from concept through testing to finished product
* Produce 3D models and manufacturing drawings using Solidworks CAD
* Build and test prototype products, in conjunction with the R&D and production departments
* Validate and verify design function, using calculation and software analysis as appropriate
* Identify technology / product and service suppliers as appropriate, providing interface and liaison as necessary
* Prepare and present reports and test results
If you are interested in this Mechanical Designer opportunity, click Apply Now and we will be in touch with you.