Industry: Defence, Security, Electronics manufacturing
Salary & Benefits: £26,000 & benefits
Location: Stevenage, Hertfordshire
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Estimator to join a large and fast-growing electronics sub-contract manufacturing business in Stevenage. The company employs around 70 full time people and offers the full manufacturing package to the Aerospace, Defence, and Security sectors.
The Estimator will be responsible for the development, execution and tracking of quoting activities for both new and existing customers. You will be responsible for splitting customer BOMs into process sectors, setting up new product codes, processing quotations and compiling accurate build cost data.
Ideally the Estimator will need to have some experience using an ERP/MRP system (ideally Vantage). You will need to have a background in electronics manufacturing (PCB, Cable, General Assembly etc) combined with a solid grounding in both financial and commercial terms.
* A background in electrical, electronic or mechanical based manufacturing
* Experience using an ERP / MRP system, ideally Sage
* A good grasp of both company financials and commercial terms
* Experience supporting purchasing and engineering functions
* Quotations and BOMs knowledge and experience
* Excellent communication and customer service skills
* Quote for assembly of new products by assessing manufacturing processes and times
* Create Bills of Materials accurate to customer requirements using existing stocked parts where possible
* Responsible for part numbering new components in accordance with company numbering structure, inputting all data and prices accurately
* Load assembly operations and times into the system, which will automatically convert the data into a quote
* Produce off line cost calculations using standard format Excel spreadsheets
* Produce simple materials costings - materials quotations will be accurate to customer requirements
* Prepare information for production engineering
If you are interested in this Estimator opportunity, click Apply Now and we will be in touch with you soon.