Salary: Circa £25,000pa with overtime regularly available
Working Hours: 37 hours per week over 4 ½ days: Friday is a half day, but the afternoon can be worked as overtime if it is available.
Key skills required:
Mechanical, Fitting, Machine Building, Special Purpose Machinery, Pneumatics, Hydraulics
A business that supplies special purpose machinery worldwide is seeking a Mechanical Fitter to join their production team in central Hertfordshire. The Company work with major company brands across the globe and are continuously developing their products to meet the market demand.
This company are located just off the A1(M) in Hatfield, and are easily reached by car or on public transport as they have good links to the railway station which is served by trains to / from London, Cambridge and other Hertfordshire towns.
You will join the Machine Build Assembly Team; building, setting up and testing the completed systems. You will need to have experience of pneumatic assembly and pipework, working from engineering drawings and carrying out maintenance and service work.
The Skills required for this Mechanical Fitter role are those of an experienced and flexible Engineer who, under supervision, will be involved with the building, wiring, set-up, testing & commissioning of specialist systems.
Mechanical Fitter Essential Requirements:
* An Engineering Apprenticeship within a manufacturing environment, or another relevant industry qualification (or extensive industry experience)
* Special purpose machinery building experience
* Experience of working from Engineering drawings
* Knowledge of using hand tools and machinery - own tool kit is essential
Mechanical Fitter Beneficial Requirements:
* General mechanical hand fitting skills - Fitting bearings, Alignment of shafts etc
* Marking out, drilling and tapping
* Experience of Pneumatic assembly and pipe work, working to pneumatic drawings
* Familiarity with building of sub-assemblies and incorporating these into complete machines
* Experience of ensuring assemblies are built to drawing and are aligned correctly
* Machining skills; although not part of the normal build process, the need for some turning and milling is occasionally required
Mechanical Fitter Responsibilities:
* To work as part of the Machine Build Main Assembly Team
* To fit and assemble sub-assemblies and incorporate these into complete machines
* To build pneumatic equipment used to control the machines transport systems
* To ensure that all parts and assemblies are correctly fitted and assembled together in accordance with the agreed tolerances and procedures
* To set up and test completed systems in readiness for final testing
* Carry out routine maintenance and unplanned service work as and when required
To be considered for this Mechanical Fitter position, hit Apply now and we will be in touch with you soon.