Mechanical Engineer required for a company based in Bedford, you will have a strong background in forming and reviewing structural and mechanical calculations on a variety of mechanical structures such as vessels, tanks, support structures and assemblies. You should have an understanding of the municipal and industrial wastewater sector and previous experience of working within this industry is essential.
The business has enjoyed continued growth over the last few years and this role has arisen through that expansion, projects will vary in size up to approximately £2m and they can involve small refurbishment works through to complete turnkey solutions.
The client operates on a hybrid working model whereby you will be required to go to the office 2-3 per week, working from home for the rest of the time.
Mechanical Engineer Requirements:
* Chartered Mechanical Engineer with in excess of 8 years' experience as a Mechanical Engineer
* A strong background within design of vessels and structures to current Eurocodes
* Previous experience with piping instrumentation & design
* As a Mechanical Engineer you will have experience of producing and reviewing structural calculations.
Mechanical Engineer Responsibilities:
* The Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for leading and co-ordinating mechanical engineering services to the Project Managers, Product Managers and Site Managers.
* Produce and review structural calculations for tanks, support structures and assemblies.
* Undertake feasibility, scoping and design activities on projects within the required timescales and within agreed design budgets.
* Produce Mechanical design layouts which are cost effective and meet the requirements if the specification and which can be purchased, manufactured, installed and commissioned effectively.
If you are interested in this Mechanical Engineer opportunity, click Apply Now and we will be in touch with you soon.