An IT Network Firewall Security Consultant is required for a company who operates at the forefront of the information security field, providing solutions to assess risk, detect security issues, protect customer information assets and respond to risk breaches if and when they occur.
The company is fast-growing having more than doubled staff and turnover over the past three years and with a track record of nurturing and growing talent, they place no limits on people’s ambitions. They will also provide professional training leading to certification in Palo Alto, Fortinet, F5 and Cisco hardware and software. This is an outstanding opportunity to join an ambitious company seeking to be the leading player in their field.
The IT Network Firewall Security Consultant will be responsible for providing industry standard expertise with designing and deploying next-generation security solutions for customers. This will include low level documented solutions, design and installation as well as assisting in the planning and execution of all aspects within the project life cycle (duration average 10 working days).
The majority of projects are based in the SE England / Home Counties / Midlands areas.
- Thorough understanding of LAN/WAN technology, ideally certified in one of the following: Palo Alto; Fortinet; Bluecoat or F5
- Understand Application based firewalling
- Understand next-generation offerings on the firewall platform including, IPS, Anti-Virus, IDS/IDP and User Identity
- Must have experience with either Checkpoint, Cisco ASA/Firepower, Palo Alto or Fortinet firewalls, with application modules from solution design to implementation
- Knowledge on the management platforms for firewalling technologies
- Knowledge of proxy and DLP solutions would be advantageous
- Background working for an IT security or network managed services provider
- Support sales cycle by supporting pre-sales at the appropriate point to build a Scope of Work and effort analysis
- Support Project Management team in building project plans for the execution of orders
- Provide technical expertise in customer facing environments when required
- Participate in post-sales design workshops to create detailed design and Method Statements for solution delivery
- Deliver project streams within complex, multivendor deployments
- Transition technologies into operational environment via structured process, ensuring approval is achieved to the required standards
- Complete appropriate documentation to engage and update technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Assist in review and approval process of internal and external documentation
- The role is a mobile position with appropriate visits to the Head Office in Kent and London (approximately 1 day per week on average)
- The role works seamlessly with the Pre-Sales team and the delivery to the operations team, using structured methodologies including Prince II and ITIL frameworks
If you meet the requirements for this IT Network Firewall Security Consultant role and are ready for a new challenge, please click on Apply now.