ProTech are seeking applications from experienced Production Engineers to work with a leading electronics manufacturer, based in Hertfordshire.
The Production Engineer will carry out support and streamline assembly of electronic products. The Production Engineer will use electronic and PCB manufacturing expertise to resolve technical queries and issues with manufacturing. This is an initial six month contract, with a permanent position available for the right candidate.
Production Engineer Requirements:
* Planning and project control
* Performance and improvement planning
* Understanding of IPC standards
* Competent in component placement and soldering
* Experience carrying out PCB modifications
* Experience of PCB modifications, cable assembly, wiring & crimping
* The successful Production Engineer must also adopt a flexible approach, be a team player and have a keen eye for detail
Production Engineer Responsibilities:
* Resolve technical issues and queries relating to PCB construction and manufacture
* Liaise with PCB suppliers, covering all aspects of prototype and volume manufacture
* Quote for assembly of new products by assessing tooling requirements and costs
* Check all documentation available for new product and generate future build pack. Assess for any ergonomic issues
* Produce build documentation for ease of manufacture
* Produce tooling aids for ease of manufacture and alleviate any ergonomic issues
* Set and manage the time scales of all work carried out as agreed with management
* Liaise with production on planning of the manufacturing of the product
* To implement the layout of the line or cell to reduce ergonomic issues and increase production efficiencies
* Build relationship with allocated customer and be point of contact for queries on production engineering, delivery and general requirements
* Operate continuous improvement techniques in all areas
* Ongoing project management of established product manufacture
Are you interested in this Production Engineer position and have the skills needed? If so, please click on Apply now to get in touch.