ProTech are seeking a Material Planner for a leading systems developer, based in Hemel Hempstead.
The Material Planner will provide planning for OE production and Aftermarket with materials and products from external suppliers in the quantities required, at the right time, and in line with quality standards and economic targets.
Material Planner Requirements:
- Demonstrable proficiency in MS Office suite, particularly Word and Excel
- Related working experience specialising in Purchasing / Inventory / Material & Warehouse
- Good knowledge and understanding of the principles of MRP2
- Basic knowledge of business economics
- Be capable of communicating with a global supply chain, both verbally and in writing
- Understand the basic rules of customs and transport
- Be familiar with the contents of suppliers’ contracts
- Good people skills, capacity to anticipate situations, reactivity, availability
Material Planner Responsibilities:
- Define the supply parameters in the ERP item file, and in supply chain contracts, consistent with stock targets and the industrial strategy
- Analyse, process, confirm and communicate requirements to the supplier
- Analyse the impacts of an improvement request, implement the action plan resulting from the impact analysis
- Negotiate dead-lines/quantities with suppliers within the limits of the contract established by Purchasing (negotiation of dead-lines / quantities, but not pricing)
- Oversee the progress of manufacturing on the supplier’s site, manage delivery receipts, follow the flow through to reception of articles, manage administrative disputes and organise supplier reminders
- Manage the flow of returns to the supplier
- Monitor supplier capacity
- Measure and analyse supplier performance in coordination with the SPM and if their targets are not being reached, set up internal and external action plans in close cooperation with the purchasing department. Efficiency criteria: Reliability of data communicated
- Establish and implement action plans to limit uncertainties and hazards and to shorten production cycles
- Handle exception messages (send an order, progress, delay, cancel an order, deadline overrun, late starting)
Are you interested in this Material Planner position and have the skills needed? If so, please click on Apply now to get in touch.