An IT Network Firewall Security Consultant is required for a leading company operating at the forefront of the information security field, providing solutions to assess risk, detect security issues, protect customer information assets and respond to risk breaches if and when they occur.
The company is growing fast and with a track-record of nurturing and growing talent they place no limits on people’s ambitions. They will also provide professional training leading to certification in Check Point, F5, Palo Alto, Fortinet, Bluecoat and Cisco hardware and software. This is an outstanding opportunity to join an ambitious company seeking to be the leading player in their field.
The IT Network Firewall Security Consultant will be responsible for providing industry standard expertise with designing and deploying next-generation security solutions for customers. This will include low level documented solutions, design and installation as well as technical assistance to the project managers during the project life-cycle (duration average 10 working days).
IT Network Firewall Security Consultant Requirements:
- Thorough understanding of LAN/WAN technology, ideally certified in one of the following: Check Point, F5, Palo Alto; Fortinet or Bluecoat.
- Understand application based firewalling
- Understand next-generation offerings on the firewall platform including, IPS, Anti-Virus, IDS/IDP and User Identity
- Must have experience with either Check Point, F5, Palo Alto, Fortinet Juniper or Cisco ASA/Firepower firewalls, with application modules from solution design to implementation
- Knowledge on the management platforms for firewalling technologies
- Knowledge of proxy and DLP solutions would be advantageous
- Background working for an IT security or network managed services provider
IT Network Firewall Security Consultant Responsibilities:
- Support sales cycle by supporting pre-sales at appropriate point to build a Scope of Work and effort analysis
- Support Project Management team in building project plans for the execution of orders
- Provide technical expertise in customer facing environments when required
- Participate in post-sales design workshops to create detailed design and method Statements for solution delivery
- Deliver project streams within complex, multivendor deployments
- Transition technologies into operational environment via structured process, ensuring approval is achieved to the required standards
- Complete appropriate documentation to engage and update technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Assist in review and approval process of internal and external documentation
- The role works seamlessly with the Pre-Sales team and the delivery to the operations team, using structured methodologies including Prince II and ITIL frameworks
- The role is a mobile position with occasional visits to offices in the Thames Valley, London and Kent
If you meet the requirements for this IT Network Firewall Security Consultant role and are ready for a new challenge, please click on Apply now.