An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Mechanical Inspector to work within a world renowned machinery manufacturer.
In your role as the Mechanical Inspector you will be part of the Quality and Inspection team, responsible for the day-to-day inspection of components and mechanisms within the quality department.
The Mechanical Inspector must have experience of inspecting using a range of equipment, including that of Verniers and Micrometers. Within this, the successful Mechanical Inspector will benefit from a mechanical bias in order to compliment work undertaken on a daily basis. The Mechanical Inspector should also have a proven ability to read and understand engineering drawings and tolerances.
Mechanical Inspector Requirements:
- Experience of working within the Aerospace industry would be advantageous although not essential
- An apprenticeship or being time-served would also be advantageous but is not essential
- An ability to learn in-house systems and pick up computer programmes quickly and efficiently
- Organised and analytical
- Must have a keen eye for detail, superb communication skills and a precise, meticulous approach
- Experience of using CMM advantageous
Mechanical Inspector Responsibilities:
- Responsible for pre-production inspection of purchased goods including bare PCB's, switches etc against PO's
- Perform 1st off inspection of machined and assembled parts
- To inspect a broad range of products ensuring that relevant documentation is maintained up to date
- Ensure that all measuring and test equipment used by the Company (Micrometers, Verniers, etc) is calibrated and carry out internal quality system audits
If you are interested in this Mechanical Inspector opportunity click Apply Now and we will be in touch with you.