We currently require an experience Lab Technician to join our client in their clean room in Cambridge. You will be part of a team who are responsible for manufacturing, inspecting & testing various glass-coated and treated products.
Ideally you will have a good understanding of processes within a clean room, be able to work with a variety of materials (glass, metals, plastic etc), and be responsible for overall manufacturing processes.
This is an initial 2-3 months contract, with the view to becoming a long-term permanent role.
Lab Technician Requirements:
- Previous Lab Technician or Process Technician experience, ideally within a clean room
- Clean room experience is not essential, but it would benefit your application if you do have it
- Previous experience of working within a scientific / manufacturing environment
- Must be able to follow fixed processes / guidelines within a lab environment
- Must be willing to undertake repetitive and intricate work
- Good eye-sight and good manual dexterity is also very beneficial as there will be a lot of work under a microscope
Lab Technician Responsibilities:
- To be involved in area clean-downs and area preparation prior and post manufacturing
- To carry-out detailed defect inspections using a microscope
- To perform measurement and analysis of defects found during inspection
- To be able to carry-out delicate handling to specific standards
- Follow Process Instructions to ensure a repeatable process
- To interact with the Engineering Supervisor for reporting of problems and providing suggestions for improvements
- To work within a team environment, assisting other members, sharing workloads and communicating effectively amongst the team
- To record process parameters, particularly yield information so that process control can be maintained and records reviewed from time to time
- To adhere to all quality procedures set out in the quality manual
- Assist in the quality processes and recommend any corrective actions
- At all times follow good laboratory practice guidelines and procedures to ensure that your own safety is not compromised and equipment is correctly used, cleaned and maintained
- Follow all safety guidelines and report unsafe conditions immediately to the Production Supervisor
If you are interested in this Lab Technician opportunity, please click on Apply now to get in touch.