Job Title: Mechanical Design Engineer
Rate: £40.00 per hour (Ltd Co)
Duration: 3 Months +
Location: Bedford, Bedfordshire
Industry: Aerospace, Manufacturing
Are you a Mechanical Design Engineer with CATIA V5 experience looking for your next challenge in your design career? Do you have experience of design of airborne systems? If yes then look no further!
Within this Mechanical Design Engineer role you will be involved with all stages of the design process including design, survey work, model creation and production of drawings. The ideal candidate will have experience of working within a multi-discipline engineering team and have a strong background within Aerospace and/or Defence.
This company has developed their Aerospace reputation over 20 years, coupled with its specific licences and approvals to design, construct and assess, our client provides a widespread variety of products for all types of aircraft and airborne vehicles.
Mechanical Design Engineer Requirements:
* As a Mechanical Design Engineer you must have knowledge of Aerospace standards including BS8888 and ISO 9001
* Mechanical Designer Engineer should have working knowledge of Mechanisms experience i.e. such as undercarriages or similar, Mechanical control systems i.e. wing flaps desirable
* Catia V5 experience (Solid Models, Basic Surfacing, Designing)
* Mechanical Design Engineer will have experience in the Aerospace and/or Defence industry
* High level of education (Degree, HNC, HND etc.)
* The Mechanical Design Engineer will have experience in concept schemes, detail and assembly drawings
* Experience and knowledge of the manufacturing processes and design for manufacture and assembly is essential
Mechanical Design Engineer Responsibilities:
* Liaise with clients and suppliers to solve queries as well as product design issues
* The Mechanical Design Engineer will be required to interact with various internal departments to effectively contribute to problem solving activities
* Ensure all design work is to the companies quality standards and in compliance with BS8888 and ISO9001
* Produce high integrity and quality programme deliverables including concept schemes, detail drawings, assembly drawings, part lists etc
If you are interested in this Mechanical Design Engineer opportunity, click Apply Now and we will be in touch with you. Alternatively, please call Irma Iannone on 01442 299035.