Job Title: Mechanical Fitter
Hourly Rate: £12.00 per hour (PAYE) or £16.00 per hour (Ltd Co)
Duration: 3 months +
A business that supplies special purpose machinery worldwide is seeking a Mechanical Fitter to join their Production Team in Hertfordshire. The Company work with major company brands across the globe and are continuously developing their products to meet the market demand.
You will join the machine build assembly team; building, setting up and testing the completed systems. You will need to have experience of pneumatic assembly and pipework, working from engineering drawings and carrying out maintenance and service work.
The Skills required for this Mechanical Fitter role are those of a flexible Mechanical Fitter who, under supervision, will be involved with the building, set-up and testing of specialist systems.
Mechanical Fitter Essential Requirements:
- An Engineering Apprenticeship within a manufacturing environment, or another relevant industry qualification (or extensive industry experience)
- Special purpose machinery building experience
- Experience of working from Engineering drawings
- Knowledge of using hand tools and machinery – own tool kit is essential
Mechanical Fitter Beneficial Requirements:
- General mechanical hand fitting skills - Fitting bearings, Alignment of shafts etc
- Marking out, drilling and tapping
- Cutting forming & setting up skills for welding air rails (6mm stainless steel tube)
- Experience of final straightening and fitting of air rails following welding
- Experience of Pneumatic assembly and pipe work, working to pneumatic drawings
- Familiarity with building of sub-assemblies and incorporating these into complete machines
- Experience of ensuring assemblies are built to drawing and are aligned correctly
- Ability to set up and run machines in readiness for final testing
- Machining skills; although not part of the normal build process, the need for some turning and milling is occasionally required
Mechanical Fitter Responsibilities:
- To work as part of the machine build assembly team
- To fit and assemble sub-assemblies and incorporate these into complete machines
- To build pneumatic equipment used to control the machines transport systems
- To ensure that all parts and assemblies are correctly fitted and assembled together in accordance with the agreed tolerances and procedures
- To set up and test completed systems in readiness for final testing
- Carry out routine maintenance and unplanned service work as and when required
To be considered for this position, hit Apply now and we will be in touch with you soon.