Job Title: Buyer
Contract Length: 3-6 months
Hourly rate: £24.00 per hour (Ltd Co)
ProTech are seeking applications from experienced Buyers with a background of purchasing electronic and mechanical components within a busy manufacturing environment.
As the Buyer, you will be responsible for the acquisition of goods and/or services at the best possible total cost of ownership, in the right quantity and quality, at the right time, in the right place.
- Purchasing experience within an engineering environment
- Experience in purchasing electronic and mechanical components
- Experience in forecasting and collaborative planning with overseas suppliers essential
- MRP/ERP experience
- Responsible for management of suppliers, ensuring that materials meet quality and specification
- Raise purchase orders in line with MRP and PO systems requirements
- Negotiation of contracts to secure materials and obtain best-cost opportunities based on long term agreements and fixed pricing
- Develop sourcing strategies that will give the business benefits in direct or indirect cost reduction and material availability
- Monitor and act on supplier performance measures, bringing in new measures where required
- Work with the Engineering/Program teams to reduce costs, lead times and risks for new products
- Support new product introductions and provide rapid response and support on design changes
If you are interested in this Buyer role, click Apply Now and we will be in touch with you soon.