Job title: Mechanical Fitter (Compressed Gas Equipment)
Salary: Up to £26,000 depending upon experience Plus Benefits Package
Location: Stansted, Essex
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Mechanical Fitter (Compressed Gas Equipment) to repair, test and overhaul valve & cylinder assemblies and to undertake hydrostatic testing of cylinders and charging of complete assemblies (up to 4500 PSI).
An excellent opportunity to join an Aerospace Component Engineering Company who require a Mechanical Fitter (Compressed Gas Equipment) to join their team.
Mechanical Fitter Compressed Gas Equipment Requirements:
* Numerate and literate - minimum GCSE (or equivalent) Maths and English
* Having received training in charging and overhaul of oxygen cylinders and oxygen is highly desirable
* Previous experience of working with oxygen systems, charging cylinders and overhauling oxygen components is also highly desirable
* Previous experience of working in an engineering/workshop environment would be an advantage
* Prior experience of working, interpreting and following in detail compliance manuals is essential
* ability to work well in multi-discipline/cross-functional teams
* Working within a small team of skilled technicians
* Reliability, flexibility and team work are key skill requirements
* Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build close-knit relationships
* Strong organisation skills and excellent attention to detail
* Ability to work under pressure, to tight deadlines and multi task whilst maintaining a high degree of quality and workmanship
* Strong communicator (written and verbal)
* Creative and outgoing with a positive, enthusiastic, confident and motivated personality
Mechanical Fitter Compressed Gas Equipment Responsibilities:
* Strip down of valve assemblies
* Replace standard spares as part of the overhaul process
* Inspect individual parts and replace defective items
* Thorough clean of components
* Build-up valve assemblies ready for testing on various flow rigs
* Hydrostatic testing of cylinders in accordance with Department of Transport requirements
* Re-assembly of the valve and cylinder components
* Charge the complete assemblies to pressures of up to 4500 PSI
* Provide ad hoc support, as required, to the safety inflatable team
* To represent and positively promote the organisation at all levels
* Participate in training and personal development activities as required
* Adhere to Health and Safety requirements and take responsibility for the health and safety of yourself and others at all times.
If you would like to be considered for this Mechanical Fitter (Compressed Gas Equipment) position, please click on Apply now to get in touch.