We are currently looking for an experienced Lab Manager for a well-known, and highly respected Technology company based in Hertfordshire.
The Lab Manager will be involved in the early-stage development of new and innovative products. As an experienced Lab Technician already, you will be managing various scientific labs for a large product development team of over 50 people, ensuring availability and good working order of equipment, materials and general lab areas
You will also provide technical support to the product development projects within a specialised team who are mainly concerned about in the development of systems for various applications
As Lab Manager, you will need to have a first class degree within a relevant technical discipline, with a demonstrable track record of success in engineering and technical project leadership, ideally on similar medical tech products.
Lab Manager Responsibilities:
* To support the development and testing of new technologies and processing systems through provision of cultures, media, and ancillary materials.
* To maintain good laboratory working order and develop improved processes to ensure more efficient laboratory operations.
* Maintenance and day-to-day running of the lab, including stock levels, works orders, part & kit lists / BOM's.
* Preparation of media, feeds and other liquids for the operation and testing of systems, adhering to strict SOPs
* Culture of various cells to strict SOPs and execution of biochemical assays to support experiments
* Working with senior scientists to implement improvements to lab maintenance procedures and organisation
* Documentation of standard operating procedures
* Execution of testing work to support system development and test programmes
* Preparation of data and reports
Lab Manager Requirements:
* Degree qualified within a Biochemical / Biological / Chemical Engineering field
* Very strong leadership and man-management skills
* Biology/biochemistry based experiment design, execution and analysis
* Experience of laboratory maintenance/management
* Team and project working in a multi-disciplinary environment
* Experience in supporting multiple internal customers