Job Title: Project Manager
Salary & Benefits: Up to £45,000, depending upon experience + Benefits package
Location: West Sussex
An excellent opportunity for an experienced Project Manager to join a world class specialist in protection systems.
The Project Manager will have the opportunity for full project ownership, and will be given full accountability and the scope to run the program in their own style whilst working within the developing foundation processes. The Project Manager is the centre of gravity for all of recognisable standard project deliverables; cost, timing as well as providing the team with foresight, leadership & motivation. Working in a matrix structure, the integrity of the core competence areas will be owned by those areas. For each project, resource will be allocated and lead by the Project Manager.
A self-motivated, flexible and competent Project Manager will thrive in this role. Someone who is capable of putting their stamp on the project as well as the business by way of influencing a positive, productive and enjoyable culture.
Project Manager Requirements:
* Degree level (or equivalent) in an Engineering Discipline or related experience
* Professional project/programme management qualifications such as: APMP / PRINCE 2
* UK MoD - Acquisition Employment Trained would be an advantage
* Project/Programme Management experience in a highly technical environment preferably from defence or automotive
* Experience dealing with Senior and sometimes challenging individuals
* Use of Microsoft Project to control, define and monitor progress against schedules
* Use of project management software tools such as: SAP, ERP systems
* Competent in Project Management technique such as Critical Path, Pert Analysis and Network generation
* Understanding of Project life-cycle management, Risk and opportunity management, Sub-contract and customer management, and Project financial management
* Relevant experience of delivering project management of a technical product from concept phase through to prototyping and trials
* Eligible for UK Security Clearance to minimum SC level
Project Manager Responsibilities:
* Customer focussed - displays pro-active approach to meeting both internal and external customer needs
* Results-focussed - strong desire to achieve results and works hard to reach goals and targets. Seeks to achieve results which enhance business success
* Flexibility - displays versatility and adaptability
* Identifies need for change, develops new ideas, encourages and supports innovation
* Reacts positively and with enthusiasm to change and improvement
* Has capability to achieve results and manage workload even at peak of pressure
* Self-manages to be highly effective even at times when workload is less
* Professional - takes career seriously and considers the business dimensions of decisions carefully
* Intellectually and analytically rigorous; displays high competence in chosen field and is trusted by the business to "do the right thing"
* Integrity and morality - acts with scrupulous honesty with customers, colleagues, and suppliers and everyone else they come into contact with in the workplace
* Communication and listening - strong interpersonal skills; the appropriate use of written, oral, non-verbal and listening skills, with an ability to persuasively impart information
* Superior planning and organisation skills
* Problem solving - displays logic, creativity and pragmatism in resolving problems, requiring little supervision and using disciplined problem-solving methods
* Adaptability - the ability to react to different circumstances whilst maintaining composure and focus on objectives as well as be able to constructively challenge the status quo to facilitate appropriate change
* Teamwork - a strong team player with the ability to recognise and manage the team dynamic; demonstrates the ability to understand others motivations and strengths and weaknesses
* Leadership - strong leadership skills, conveying confidence, presence and a professional image at all levels within an organisation
* Willing to travel in UK and internationally as required
If you would like to be considered for this Project Manager position, please click on Apply now to get in touch.