We are currently recruiting for an Assistant Planner on a 12 month contract basis to join a global leading Manufacturer of capital equipment. The company have specialised in the design and manufacture of automated systems used for supporting various high-tech companies and Universities worldwide
The successful Assistant Planner will come from a manufacturing background (essential) and will be working within the Supply Chain team ensuring stock is available to meet customer service targets without building up excessive inventory.
You will be producing 3 month rolling production plans along with 12 month rolling capacity plans. It will be up to the Assistant Planner to implement planning strategies within manufacturing along with liaising with other departments to ensure inventory accuracy targets are met.
Assistant Planner Responsibilities:
* Assist with running the daily activities for specific products and machine build lines, including expediting orders, kitting and job completion times
* Assist with BOM and job tidying exercises to ensure in-house ERP and MRP systems are up to date
* Work out timings and costs of machines moving from design and prototyping / testing into main production
* Assist teams such as planning, costing, purchasing and production with admin duties such as daily metrics, build times, build costs and materials
* A flexible attitude when it comes to working hours and shifts would also be well received
Assistant Planner Requirements:
* Previous Planning experience within a manufacturing / production environment is essential
* Previous experience of working with complex, high end, capital equipment
* Good knowledge of manufacturing, production, supply chain and planning processes
* Experience in materials management and production scheduling within manufacturing environment
* Strong Microsoft Office skills along with working knowledge of ERP systems and MRP / database usage/management
* Very good analytical and problem solving skills
If you are interested in this Assistant Planner opportunity, click Apply Now and we will be in touch with you soon.