An excellent opportunity for an experienced Supplier Quality Manager to join an excellent engineering company. The Supplier Quality Manager will be required to lead and develop the supplier quality assurance team. With a focus on supplier development and continuous improvement throughout the supply chain. Ensuring adherence to quality management system and processes, customer
Supplier Quality Manager Engineer Requirements:
* Relevant Quality Engineering Qualification
* To understand and read engineering drawings and specifications.
* Confidence in speaking direct to customers internal & external/suppliers.
* Proven track record of supplier development in manufacturing and engineering environment.
* Knowledge of welding procedures and processes and visual inspection of welded components.
* PC skills word, excel, report writing and use of SAP One Business Systems.
* Knowledge of ISO and AQAP (NATO) procedures.
* Strong approach to processes and implementation of improvements.
* Strong negotiation and influencing skills.
* Knowledge of Lean Six Sigma and other TQM methodology would be advantageous
Supplier Quality Manager Responsibilities:
* Responsible for 5 Direct reports
* Create and deliver a supplier quality assurance strategy that delivers high levels of performance for current and future projects
* Lead and support the development of the supplier quality team, focused on continuous improvement and performance.
* Set challenging and stretching targets that the team can achieve to improve the supply chain performance
* To ensure the flow of appropriate contractual and quality requirements to the supply chain to meet the obligations to its customers.
* Identify, understand and ensure compliance to Certification and welding coding from suppliers.
* Ability to inspect and challenge suppliers in a number of automotive engineering disciplines.
* Lead and support cost reduction activities through the supply chain, with a focus on quality.
* Implement a supplier monitoring action plan focused on improving the supply chain's performance and mitigating risks.
* Promote close working relationships with all departments and suppliers, including procurement and engineering
* Conduct regular auditing of suppliers to maintain compliance while developing the capability to challenge supplier performance.
* Aid manufacturing in the evaluation and qualification of suppliers on new product development.
* Audit and assessment of supply chain to ensure current & future business needs are met.
* Lead investigation into root cause analysis and implement long term strategies that addresses failures in the supply chain.
* Record keeping of supplier approvals, audits and visits and monitoring of supplier performance against objectives.
Supplier Quality Manager
Job Title: Supplier Quality Manager
Salary & Benefits: Up to £50,000 depending upon experience + Benefits package
Location: West Sussex
If you would like to be considered for this Supplier Quality Manager position, please click on Apply now to get in touch.