An excellent opportunity for an experienced Software Development Engineer to join a leading Laboratory Technology Company involved in the Designing of Laboratory/Experiment Equipment in the R&D Department. Operating internationally, this Company specialises in research and pre-pilot scale chemical reactors and systems. Providing both automated and manual tools for process R&D to clients in the pharmaceutical, fine chemical and petrochemical industries, as well as in academia. To work in partnership with other members of the development team on specification, development and updating of company products, focusing primarily (but not entirely) on the necessary software components. In this position you will report to the Product Development Director. Success of the position will be measured by the financial performance of the business, coupled with KPI's.
Software Development Engineer Requirements:
* A degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline (Computer Science, Engineering or Mathematics).
* Minimum of 2+ years' experience in computer programming in a modern Rapid Application Development (RAD) based high-level language.
* Experience of using the Delphi and/ or C# Programming Languages
* An understanding of computer hardware and networking
* Experience of working on distributed network applications - specifically using gRPC.
* An appreciation of the need for getting things done on time, within tight deadlines and on budget.
* Competent in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) and the Internet.
* Has an approachable manner that encourages interaction with others.
* Excellent troubleshooting skills
* Experience of working within an Agile Development Environment
* Experience in using MS SQL or other DBMS
* Cross discipline experience in the other key roles of the development team (e.g. Electronics, Machining skills, modern high-level computer languages)
* Current European Driving Licence
* Fluency in written and spoken English
Software Development Engineer Responsibilities:
* Working with members of the Development Team and wider teams in the development of novel instruments and technologies.
* Work within the Agile Software Development Team on the specification and development of necessary software components
* Liaise with engineers and scientists in the generation of specifications
* Use appropriate development systems to generate code for inclusion in high level instrument control applications or as part of embedded control systems
* Work with other engineers on the assembly and integration of prototypes
* Liaise with clients and members of the wider team in the identification of problems, determining their origins and implementing fixes
* Assume shared ownership of legacy designs, extending, repairing and re-factoring as necessary
* To solve issues and challenges arising during the day to day activities and ensuring a smooth, fast and permanent fix.
* To actively contribute to behaviours and mind-sets to help deliver the best in class customer products.
* Provide back up to other departments/ groups as necessary.
* Be a committed, proactive and positive member of the development team, contributing to the overall development and operation of the company.
* Contribute to the development of training courses as required.
* Potentially travelling and working in the UK, Europe, USA, China and other regions as needed to fulfil the job role and achieve the Company's objectives.
SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER
Job Title: Software Development Engineer
Salary & Benefits: Up to £50,000, depending upon experience + Bonus plus Benefits package
If you would like to be considered for this Software Development Engineer position, please click on Apply now to get in touch.