A permanent opportunity has arisen for a Production Manager to join a busy manufacturing company in the Croydon area who specialise in high tech Aerospace manufacturing.
The company works within the Aerospace and Military markets providing a number of different products and services.
Production Manager Requirements:
* BSc of Engineering /science discipline is required.
* Management and/or LEAN qualification would be desirable
* Established track record in leading Production with direct experience in lean manufacturing.
* Track record in leading a relevant business through change and growth.
* Must be fluent English with good written and oral communication ability
* Proven record of winning over the workforce.
* Good presentation and communication skills
* Working within a 'LEAN' environment and able to promote the techniques
Production Manager Responsibilities:
* Develop cell leadership team in the use of key Operational Excellence tools, e.g. 5S, EHS audits, TPM, 5R, RCCA, Capacity planning, Waste Reductions, 1 piece flow principles
* Manage the site's capacity and capability planning to improve on-time and on-quality deliveries
* Implement a LEAN organisation throughout Operations
* Promote a progressive EH&S culture at the site
* Implement and maintain initiatives to reduce manufacturing costs
* Implement change within the Production to ensure that future expectations of customers in terms technology, costs, quality and service will be met
* Assist in setting Operations policies in collaboration with the Director of Operations, implement improved business transaction processes, and implement programs to improve operational productivity.
* Assist in the preparation, monitor and analyse when necessary budgetary plans and forecasts for all major KPIs.
* Provide site leadership and decision support in all relevant areas of operational performance, functional strategies and capital spend plan
* Maintain a professional and effective communication at all levels, stimulating initiatives, innovations, and motivation for continuous improvements.
* Represent the Director of Operations when requested, at conferences, meetings, corporate reviews, and committees and working groups.
Key Skills: Manufacturing, Engineering, Aerospace, Thermal Systems
If you are interested in this Production Manager opportunity, click Apply Now and Bart will be in touch with you.