A great new opportunity has arisen for a Commodity Manager to join a large international aerospace and defence organisation. The successful candidate for the role of Commodity Manager will have at least 5 years of experience in a multi strategic procurement role, ideally within the Electronics Manufacturing environment.
Commodity Manager Requirements:
* Degree educated in business or equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience that will allow successful performance of job expectations.
* Minimum 5 years of experience within a multi strategic procurement role
* Strong experience within an avionics/aerospace domain would be beneficial
* Ability to define and present a Business case highlighting Risks and benefits of a given project
* Excellent presentation skills including Bid reviews, RFQ construction & Analysis
* Ability to execute functional business plans and contribute to the development of functional strategy
* Demonstrates a high level of ethical behaviour in exercising judgement and discretion in matters of significance
* Proficient Excel user to an advanced level (Pivot tables, Graphs, database management, vlookup etc.)
* Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with the ability to negotiate and influence, while exercising sensitivity to the audience
Commodity Manager Responsibilities:
* Build, communicate and implement the Electronics (Printed Circuit Boards, Electronic components, Cables, Connectors, and Sensors etc.)
* Implement sourcing Strategies in line with Airframes requirements and align to Group vision.
* Locate new opportunities, analyse, and develop a consolidated supplier base to meet current and future commodity needs, develop a Supplier excellence panel (partner)
* RFQ management through the use of Vendigital tool
* Lead the supplier qualification and development activities in collaboration with the Division and site resources.
* Coordinate source change management activities
* Negotiate and implement LTA with support of site Contract Management team.
* Work closely with engineering development teams/Project buyer from each site for NPI programs and incorporate into the overall Electronics strategy (VAVE, design to cost)
* Organise and lead supplier involvement for the development of future projects
* Anticipate market supply risks, propose mitigation plan to secure Aero Sensing Sourcing
* Link with Group Procurement and monitor Supplier production Load / Capacity
* Maintain and promote sound relationships with suppliers and the business community
* Identify cost reduction risk and opportunities in collaboration with site procurement teams
* Ensure and promote high level service from all Electronic suppliers through all Airframes European and Vietnam sites
* Promote options leading to reduced total cost of ownership by developing standardisation on processes and technical specifications etc.
If you are interested in this Commodity Manager opportunity, click Apply Now and Bart will be in touch with you soon.