Job Title: Buyer
Salary & Benefits: Up to £40,000, depending upon experience + Benefits package
Location: West Sussex
An excellent opportunity for an experienced Buyer to join a world class Automotive Company. To support the materials requirements of the company's manufacturing programmes and facilities management team. Assessment of technical and commercial requirements, supplier sourcing, competitive tendering, and purchase order management to ensure on-time supply within budget. Building working relationships with Suppliers, Project Management, Engineering, Quality, Stores, Finance and Facilities Management.
* Diploma / Degree qualified preferred or equivalent practical experience.
* CIPS preferred or currently studying for CIPS.
* Proven experience within automotive / manufacturing / defence or aerospace industries.
* An excellent understanding of technical drawings, design intent and manufacturing processes preferred.
* Experience of indirect procurement
* Project management skills, able to plan and deliver to tight deadlines.
* Proficient use of MS applications with good understanding of MRP and other planning systems (SAP preferred).
* Skilled in negotiation.
* Excellent organisational skills and capable of managing own time.
* Good oral and written communication skills.
* Full driving licence.
* Direct & Indirect procurement
* Planning of materials requirements to ensure timely deliveries and efficient materials control.
* Competitive bidding, negotiation and quotation analysis, compliant with company policy and procedures.
* Supplier evaluation, selection and development.
* Daily expediting of material to satisfy production schedules and implementation of appropriate recovery plans.
* Shortage reporting and resolution.
* Purchase order management ensuring accurate system data and an effective purchase-to-pay process
* Cost estimating in support of bid teams.
* Procurement support to the facilities management team.
* Delivery and reporting of cost-savings in support of company objectives.
* Comply with Company policies and procedures including, but not limited to, ISO9001, ISO14001.
If you would like to be considered for this Buyer position, please click on Apply now to get in touch.