Job Title: Production Engineer
Rate: £25.00/hr (PAYE) or £33.45/hr (Ltd Co)
Duration: 5-6 Months
Key Skills: Manufacturing, Production, Lean, Pneumatics, Fault Finding, Documentation
A leading high-technology manufacturer of special purpose machinery in Luton, are seeking a Production Engineer to start ASAP, to be based in their state of the art manufacturing facility.
Please Note: We can only consider applications from Production Engineers who have specific experience in Pneumatic systems or air-operated devices.
This role will require you to work on 1 of 2 shifts: Either 2-10pm or 10pm to 6am. Please do not apply if you are unable or are not willing to work on both of these shifts
Production Engineer Requirements:
* Ideally Apprentice-trained, or have equivalent hands-on manufacturing or production related experience.
* Excellent manufacturing engineering and process development skills
* Previous experience of working with Pneumatic systems or air operated devices / machinery / assemblies and how they integrate in machinery
* You must have hands-on experience in fault finding on pneumatic systems and be able to write documentation for how to repeat the process if necessary
* Experience of developing and maintaining manufacturing documentation
* Effective verbal and written communication skills
* Sound knowledge of engineering principles and best practice
Production Engineer Responsibilities:
* Solve manufacturing issues by providing guidance and prioritisation, performing root cause analysis and implementing solutions such as test procedures, process change or design change
* Improve efficiency of production using best practice methods
* Develop, maintain and improve manufacturing, test, analysis and fault-finding documentation
* Work with Designers and Engineers to give Design for Manufacture input during product development projects
* Work with procurement specialists to develop a robust, high quality, supply chain
* Develop and implement sound manufacturing methods, covering all processes from supply chain through configuration, commissioning and packing
* Capacity planning
If you meet the requirements for this Production Engineer role and would like to find out more, please click Apply now!