Industry: Electronics / Manufacturing
Salary & Benefits: £35-40,000pa (depends on experience)
28 days holiday as basic, increasing by 1 day per full year worked, a pension of 5% (employee) / 4.5% (employer) after the first year, rising to 5.5% (employer contribution) after 2 years. You can also purchase more holiday as well if required.
There is also a subsidised gym membership and discounted lunches along with a flexible working week and an early Friday finish.
Location: Rugby, Warwickshire
A leading Manufacturer in the Electronics / Manufacturing environment is seeking a Quality Engineer to provide support to their Manufacturing, Testing, Purchasing and Engineering teams.
You will primarily be a main Quality Engineering contact for customers, clients and internal teams with your day to day activities mainly being the development, maintenance and application of various quality standards / procedures
Quality Engineer Requirements:
* A proven background and experience within manufacturing or Engineering, along with a formal Engineering-related qualification to at least HNC standard.
* ISO9001 QMS understanding & experience is essential, while 14001 experience would be beneficial
* Experience of working within a metal working environment (such as CNC), with emphasis on the milling / turning and fabrication of metal.
* Any understanding of Electronics standards such as IPC-A-610 or J-Std-001 would be extremely beneficial
* A good understanding of Electro-Mechanical standards, particularly within manufacturing environments, which will include knowledge of component measurement methods for such parts.
* Supplier assessment, auditing and development is referred
* Any formal training on CAD (Solidworks is their design package) would also be beneficial
* A "right first time", logical, methodical approach is also expected.
Quality Engineer Responsibilities:
* To co-ordinate facilitate and support the application of quality improvement tools such as 8D, FMEA, 5 Why and Structured Problem Solving across their site
* To support the Quality Technicians in the maintenance of Quality Control Plans for areas such as Goods Inwards Inspection processes.
* To assist in the identification of process / system improvements across the site, develop and execute plans to address same.
* As key quality engineering contact for defined major account customers, the job holder will be responsible for activities such as:
* Customer complaint verification and management/reporting.
* Control of external documents such as specifications, assembly and test instructions etc.
* To carry out Goods Inwards Inspection on 'drawn item' parts supplied - as directed.
* To carry out Product Assurance checks on assembled items returned from JJS Sro and any other sub-contractors.
* To liaise with process owners in order to identify Quality system risks and co-ordinate improvement plans.
* To carry out cross Company internal audits and Supplier audits as part of the group quality audit team. (Additional 5-day lead auditor training will be required for this responsibility).
If you are interested in this Quality Engineer opportunity click Apply Now and we will be in touch with you soon.