Job Title: Machinist
Salary: £25-28,000pa (DOE)
Benefits: Excellent bonus scheme (not been less than 10% in the last 10 years, and in 2018-19 was over 40%. Final Salary defined pension scheme. Life Assurance
Key Skills: Machinist, Machining, Milling, Turning, CNC,
This company, based in West London, have a requirement for a Machinist. This exciting opportunity would suit a CNC Machinist who has exposure to conventional machining methods, who is interested in a career and further training.
* A proven background, with at least 3-4 years' experience in a machine shop, using manual milling and turning machines
* Able to read engineering drawings, check own work and work on own initiative
* As a Machinist you will be competent in the regular use of manual machines such as milling machines, lathes, drills and hand tools
* Verification of machined features by use of manual measuring equipment such as Verniers, Calipers, Micrometres and plug and screw gauges
* The Machinist will also be expected to respond quickly to changing demands throughout the working day
* Any basic CNC Setting / Operating experience would be beneficial but is not essential
* The Machinist will be required to do manual and CNC machining, in particular doing programming, setting and operating on 3 axis milling machines
* The successful candidate will be given full training on CNC Machines if they wish to progress to them
* Inspection of own work using various inspection tools
* Reporting of non-conformance to management staff
* Daily adherence to ISO9001 operating procedures.
* Ensure you adhere to Health & Safety policies and procedures
* Willing to undertake any other basic non-machining tasks as and where needed
If you are interested in this Machinist opportunity, click Apply Now and we will be in touch with you.