Title: Senior Account Manager
Salary: From £50k, DOE
Benefits: Company Car / allowance, WFH, above average pension & holiday allowance, & healthcare
Industry: Electronics & Sub-contract manufacturing.
The primary purpose of Senior Account Manager is to build and maintain a solid professional relationship, primarily with a single account which currently accounts for +50% of the company's annual turnover.
You will also be required to manage and coach a team of 4-5 other Account Managers / holders on a weekly basis, provide leadership, guidance and personal development support to team members, along with proactively seeking new opportunities to increase revenue and profitability within other accounts.
There will also be regular, planned travel to mainland Europe to visit customers, suppliers and other parts of the organisation, so you must be willing to travel and stay away for up to a week at a time. A valid passport is therefore a basic necessity.
* Demonstrable experience of building and maintaining customer relationships at the highest level.
* Experience of working in an electronics manufacturing, engineering, or similar technical sector
* The ability to lead a team towards a common goal, along with the ability to mentor, train and encourage staff to deliver customer service through a process of continuous improvement.
* Strong negotiation skills with the ability to offer creative solutions and manage conflict.
* Excellent project management skills
Job Role - Description:
* You will have the authority, responsibility, and accountability for ensuring that the company vision and culture are upheld on a daily basis.
* You will also be expected to lead all strategic account discussions and commercial negotiations specific to their account base.
* Working closely with Sales and Management teams to utilise the resources you collectively have available, you will build on existing customer relationships and be expected to do this at the highest level.
* To ensure customer contractual obligations are met and achieved, you will need to ensure your team is balanced in terms of resource, have the correct skills and tools available and are focused on exceeding targets and delivering results for the business.
* The primary measures of success in this role will be overall customer satisfaction, profitable growth, and the ongoing development of their team members.
* Establish and maintain customer relationships at the highest level.
* Oversee all elements of account activity - Both for yourself and your delegates
* Escalation route for assigned customer accounts.
* Be directly responsible for the Account Management team - To include training and development personnel.
* Be in charge of inter-departmental team meetings, relating to defined customer projects.
* Willingness and ability to travel to mainland Europe at short notice - a valid passport is essential.
* Day-to-Day/Monthly Tasks - Overview of customer specific metrics i.e. sales, stock, margin.
* Establish and maintain Strategic Account Reviews to ensure value creation and customer service is delivered and recognised by Senior Management within various clients organisation.
* Ensure that the daily activities within your team are appropriately prioritised and that resources / task are balanced and delegated accordingly.
* Coach, develop and motivate staff and help them to deliver high quality customer service and contribute to the achievement of company sales.
* Conduct regular one-to-one coaching sessions, appraisals and team meetings to discuss account activity, priorities, progress, and any potential problems.