Job Title: Technical Support Technician
Reports to: Service Manager
Salary: From £25,000pa
Working within a small but very busy team, you will be responsible for providing support to the Service Team and other departments in the company as well as working on internal projects. The role will also involve visits to customers in Europe to assist support engineers.
* Provide office based technical support to customers via team viewer sessions, email and telephone via the company ticket system
* Provide office based technical support for the Service Team, such as:
* Prepare materials for shipment to customer site
* Assist in preparation of shipments for machine installs
* Assist Customer Support Engineers on site during installations of equipment, peripherals and technical support visits
* Manage build and reconfiguration of machines for internal use
* Run test programmes for components and machines including fault finding and data analysis
* Work closely with other departments to provide technical support when required, in particular:
* Provide support to the Test Department to test customer machines
* Provide technical support to the Sales Department
* Support engineers either on site or via the telephone as required
* The role requires a technician that can assess and manage customer situations and work closely with the support engineers in the field.
* Ideally you will be multi-skilled and have a reasonable working knowledge in electronics, mechanical and special purpose machinery, but this is not mandatory.
* Must have the ability to write detailed reports and presentations.
* You will need to be flexible with a can do attitude and be willing to travel to customer sites, sometimes at short notice.
* The ability to work on their own initiative and have good planning & time management skills are important requirement
* Must have a neat and tidy approach when working.
If this sounds like a role you would be interested in, please apply or contact us ASAP