PRINCIPAL MECHANICAL SYSTEMS ENGINEER
Are you an experienced Mechanical Engineering professional looking for your next opportunity to work on products involving complex systems with optical, mechanical, electronic and software content? Do you have experience with new product development and post development support within a low volume, high value engineering company, in a scientific, medical or ISO13485 environment? If you are a Mechanical Engineer looking for your next role then this is an outstanding opportunity to join a leader in life sciences technology.
Principal Mechanical Systems Engineer Requirements
* The candidate will ideally have a First Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
* Candidates will have at least 7 years' experience in a similar role and 5+ years' in a senior engineering role.
* Experience with Solidworks is essential.
* Experience of mechanical system design and system integration, as well as product development from concept through to manufacturing.
* Knowledge of electro-mechanical systems, optical layout design, product development tools, motor designs, structural designs, rapid prototyping, design for manufacture and assembly techniques would be desirable.
* Candidates must be able to produce high quality technical reports covering project planning of mechanical and system integrated functionality to deliver to a project manager.
* Candidates will ideally have experience with new product development and post development support within a low volume, high value engineering company in an ISO13485 environment.
* Experience within medical imaging, imaging devices or medical devices is essential.
Principal Mechanical Systems Engineer Responsibilities
* The successful candidate will be responsible for planning engineering activities in conjunction with Project Managers and monitoring progress against plans.
* Liaises with external suppliers and stakeholders to negotiate commercial arrangements.
* Leads the concept selection, build, integration and test of systems and sub-systems, including the writing of test specifications, planning test programmes, maintaining problem lists, resolving design issues and configuration control.
* Design systems and sub-systems in mechanical engineering including the composing of design specifications and preparation of engineering documents.
* Ensure that established client processes are adhered to throughout the design of systems and sub-systems, as well as throughout product development.
* Continuously develops awareness and understanding of customer and market requirements, technology trends and own self-knowledge to mentor less experienced staff.
If you are interested in this Principal Mechanical Systems Engineer opportunity, click Apply Now and we will be in touch with you soon.