Industry: Electronics / Manufacturing
Salary & Benefits: From £32,000pa (depends on experience)
Benefits include 28 days holiday as basic, increasing by 1 day per full year worked, up to 20 paid sick days per year, incentives for 100% attendance throughout the year (more holiday awarded). Overtime paid at premiums and regularly available
There is also a flexible working week with an early Friday finish.
Location: Stevenage, Herts
A leading Manufacturer in the Electronics / Manufacturing environment is seeking a Quality Engineer to provide support to their Manufacturing, and Engineering teams.
You will primarily be a responsible for Production & Quality issues arising within these and other departments, and will be required to maintain various BS:EN and ISO standards.
Quality Engineer Requirements:
* A proven background and experience within manufacturing or Engineering, along with a formal Engineering-related qualification to at least HNC standard.
* Ideally 5+ years' experience within Electronics manufacturing.
* Any understanding of Electronics standards such as IPC-A-610 or J-Std-001 would be extremely beneficial
* A good understanding of Electro-Mechanical standards, particularly within manufacturing environments, which will include knowledge of component measurement methods for such parts.
* Good working knowledge of processes including Surface Mount Placements and Soldering, Rework and Reflow, Conventional Assembly, Board development etc
* Must be able to investigate manufacturing and engineering issues, identifying root cause analysis and be able to implement corrective actions.
* Any understanding of APQP would be extremely beneficial.
Quality Engineer Responsibilities:
* To co-ordinate facilitate and support the application of quality improvement tools such as 8D, FMEA, 5 Why and Structured Problem Solving across their site
* Maintain QMS documentation according to the above desired standards
* Regular use of APQP tools (Control Plans, FMEA etc)
* Investigate quality related issues occurring at both customer and supplier sites and be happy and willing to go to these sites to identify and rectify issues
* Carry out internal audits, both on your own and with external auditors
* Prepare and produce documentation for Quality and Engineering teams
* Liaise with department managers to assist with the identifying of faults and issues and then assist with the implementation of new policies / corrective actions
If you are interested in this Quality Engineer role and you have a strong Electronics background, please contact Tom @ ProTech with your CV and covering letter / email (), quoting job ref 21877 and we will be in touch with you soon.