A fantastic opportunity to undertake a 3 month, on-going contract in Bedford. The Mechanical Fitter will be assisting with the building and maintenance of special purpose machinery.
Mechanical Fitter Requirements:
* Able to read and understand mechanical drawings - build and maintain machinery accordingly
* Ability to work with 'new build' and 'special purpose' machinery
* Experience of mechanical fault-finding down to component level
* Have good understanding of precision mechanisms
* Can work with other Development and Mechanical Technicians to build and test prototype assemblies
* Proven experience of working as a Mechanical Fitter within a high-tech engineering/ manufacturing environment
* Ability to quote timescales regarding the building and repair of machinery
Mechanical Fitter Responsibilities:
* Assist with the building and maintenance of production machinery
* The Mechanical Fitter will be required to read and interpret engineering drawings and build special purpose machinery
* Candidates will be required to build precision mechanisms as well as maintain machinery
* The Mechanical Fitter will be required to work with other departments including Research & Development
If you think this Mechanical Fitter role fits your skills and personality, hit the Apply button now!