Are you an experienced Electronic Engineering professional looking for your next opportunity to work on products involving complex systems with optical, mechanical, electronic and software content? Do you have experience with new product development and post development support within a low volume, high value engineering company, in a scientific, medical or ISO13485 environment? If you are an Electronic Engineer looking for your next role then this is an outstanding opportunity to join a leader in life sciences technology.
Principal Electronic Design Engineer Requirements:
* The candidate will ideally have a BSc in a related discipline or equivalent experience level.
* Candidates will have at least 8 years' experience in a similar role and 3+ years' in a senior engineering role.
* Chartered membership in a relevant field or progress towards one is highly desirable.
* Experience in the architectural design of high speed digital systems.
* Knowledge of PCB/FPGA design and system integration using best practice engineering techniques.
* Experience with general and high speed electronics, microprocessor or memory systems, serial or parallel comms links and product development from concept through to manufacture.
* Experience in the life science industry within an ISO13485 environment is highly desired.
Principal Electronic Design Engineer Responsibilities:
* Liaises with external suppliers and stakeholders to negotiate commercial arrangements.
* Leads the concept selection, build, integration and test of systems and sub-systems, including the writing of test specifications, planning test programmes, maintaining problem lists, resolving design issues and configuration control.
* Design systems and sub-systems in mechanical engineering including the composing of design specifications and preparation of engineering documents.
* Ensure that established client processes are adhered to throughout the design of systems and sub-systems, as well as throughout product development.
* Continuously develops awareness and understanding of customer and market requirements, technology trends and own self-knowledge to mentor less experienced staff.
If you are interested in this Principal Electronic Design Engineer opportunity, click Apply Now and we will be in touch with you soon.