Industry: Manufacturing, Life Sciences
Hourly Rate: £14.87 Per Hour (PAYE) or £19.90 Per Hour (Umbrella)
IR35: This role will be classified as falling inside of IR35 jurisdiction
Duration: 12 months. Potential to be extended after that
We are currently recruiting for an Assistant Buyer, who has a technical / engineering background, to work on a contract basis for a company who are at the forefront of life sciences industry.
This role has been created to support a number of senior buyers who are primarily responsible for material supply to the production teams.
You will report directly to a Senior Buyer as well as supporting other people in the department in their daily and weekly duties.
If you are looking to move into a diverse and exciting role, and would like to work for a business who are a global provider of laboratory and pharmaceutical equipment, please read on and apply!
Assistant Buyer Requirements:
* The ideal candidate will have procurement experience within the engineering industry
* Strong demonstrable background in sourcing a wide variety of components and materials
* As an Assistant Buyer, candidates should have experience in helping to suggest and possibly deliver cost savings and lead time reduction through strong supply stage strategies
* Candidates should be experienced in MRP, ERP and SAP systems
* You will need to have good MS Excel experience, along with a formal qualification in Maths (GCSE / A-Level)
* Any form of CIPS / CILT / APICS qualification would also be extremely advantageous
* Basic personal skills such as professionalism, proactiveness, can think logically, and can easily talk to all members of staff is also essential
Assistant Buyer Responsibilities:
* Regularly place PO's for materials and services in SAP.
* Receive & process all order acknowledgements.
* To expedite purchase orders and update the SAP ERP system accordingly.
* To create deliveries of subcontract materials to subcontract partners in the SAP ERP.
* To participate in daily manufacturing cell team meetings together with production & cell support teams.
* To be proactive in communicating with internal customers and other team members.
* To ensure purchasing records are maintained in good order and the ERP system is continuously updated.
* To ensure that unforeseen procurement delays do not impact manufacturing timescales.
* To support Vendor Management meeting scheduling and data collection.
* Also participating in meetings and documenting notes and key actions agreed.
If you are interested in this Buyer opportunity, click Apply Now and we will be in touch with you soon.