Industry: Manufacturing / Engineering / Life Sciences
Rate: From £15.38/hr (PAYE). However, this is negotiable, depending on experience
IR35: This role will fall within IR35 jurisdiction
Duration: 9 months
Location: Royston, Herts
Skills: Planning, Planner, Production, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, ERP
We are currently recruiting for an Assistant Planner to join a global leading Manufacturer of capital equipment. The company have specialised in the design and manufacture of automated systems used for supporting various high-tech companies and Universities worldwide
The successful Inventory Planner will come from a manufacturing background (essential) and will be working within the Supply Chain team ensuring stock is available to meet customer service targets without building up excessive inventory.
The Sales and Operations departments are a growing function within our client. Therefore this role will focus mainly on the consumables side of the function and be responsible for managing several need driven initiatives through to conclusion
You will be producing 3 month rolling production plans along with 12 month rolling capacity plans. It will be up to the Assistant Planner to implement planning strategies within manufacturing along with liaising with other departments to ensure inventory accuracy targets are met.
Assistant Planner Responsibilities:
* Monitor global stock levels and incoming orders and regularly plan orders against available stock.
* Update inventory roll out plan and communicating changes.
* Improve and maintain reports/analysis to monitor current status.
* Provide regular updates to project teams.
* Document and communicate process changes.
* Proactively communicate other teams (e.g Order Process Management; Order Execution; suppliers (internal); logistics/warehouse; inventory planning).
Assistant Planner Requirements:
* Previous Planning experience within a manufacturing / production environment is essential
* Previous experience of working with complex, high end, capital equipment
* Good knowledge of manufacturing, production, supply chain and planning processes
* Experience in materials management and production scheduling within manufacturing environment
* Strong Microsoft Office skills along with working knowledge of ERP systems and MRP / database usage/management (SAP would be very beneficial)
* Very good analytic and problem solving skills
If you are interested in this Assistant Planner opportunity, click Apply Now and we will be in touch with you soon.