Are you an experienced Supply Chain Manager who has worked in Engineering Environment? Pro Tech are currently looking for their client who are specialist for intelligent drive technology and systems. With their Innovative and smart products they offer high efficiency and reliability to customer from diverse industries such as Oil and Gas, energy, mining and mechanical engineering, ship technology, rail and commercial vehicles. The Supply Chain Manager role is a key member of the operations management team and is directly responsible for the Purchasing and Logistics operations. Reporting into the Operations Manager locally but also with a functional reporting line into the group purchasing structure the role offers the successful candidate opportunities at a local and regional level to work in a truly global organisation.. Role offers competitive salary along with all other standard benefits
Supply Chain Manager Requirements:
* Ideal Candidate will hold a relevant degree in procurement and membership of CIPS will be preferred.
* Candidate will have demonstrable experience of purchasing low volume engineered prats from range of machine shops.
* Candidate will be good in all round communication amongst all levels within business and poses knowledge about MRP systems.
* Candidates would have worked in Leadership roles and will have analytical ability to understand costing, finance and performance.
* Candidates must have experience of working within an engineering environment in a senior purchasing role
Supply Chain Manager Responsibilities:
* As a Supply Chain Manager you will responsible for Strategic management of all aspects of materials management
* Management of purchasing & logistics personnel on a day to day basis ensuring performance levels match the levels expected.
* Responsible for continued focus on minimising inventory levels based on improved purchasing policies.
* Ensure materials supply is co-ordinate and is linked to customer requirements i.e. parts are available when required and then picking/dispatching is timely and accurate.
* Maintain accuracy of inventory levels via good stores practices and confirm via cycle counting. Ensure suitability of storage methods for product preservation.
* Keep distribution costs under review and at all times ensure the optimum balance of performance, flexibility and cost is achieved from our distribution partners
If you are interested in this "Supply Chain Manager" opportunity, click Apply Now and we will be in touch with you soon.