Salary: £23,000 per annum
Key Skills: Import, Export, Shipping, Goods, Electronics, Electrical, Mechanical, HM Customs, Regulations
A fantastic opportunity for an experienced Import Specialist to join a large manufacturing company based in Royston on permanent basis. You must have extensive experience in HM Customs Import & Export Regulations and Shipping of products and will support the Logistics team in the efficient, timely and compliant dispatch and delivery of products and spare parts.
This is a newly created position within the Operations & Supply Chain Teams, to enable them to harmonise trade activities across the UK.
You will be primarily tasked with proactively supporting the business in the UK on all import relevant topics and exports related to returns.
Ideally you will already have an interest in Manufacturing / Engineering and want to work for a growing international organisation
The client would potentially be able to offer the opportunity to study for a UK Customs Academy qualification
* Previous experience of complying successfully with HM Customers Import/Export regulations in a worldwide context is essential, ideally supported by a history of relevant training courses and updates.
* Educated to GCSE standard or equivalent, along with ideally having some form of international trade qualification
* Knowledge/experience in the following areas would be highly desirable: International trade compliance, global supply management, dual use commodity, import/export tariff codes.
* Experience in working on import processes, customs procedures and legislation would be an advantage
* Proven competence/formal training in shipping dangerous goods by road and air would be beneficial.
* Competent IT skills, especially Excel.
* SAP experience would be helpful but not essential.
* Assist the Team's activities by ensuring compliance with all relevant, current HM Customs Import/Export regulations.
* Working with transport carriers and providing import clearance instructions in line with Customs Procedure Codes/commodity codes, duties and taxes
* Audit current procedures, to identify and reduce potential areas and levels of risk to Inca's business with Import/Export regulations.
* Keep up to date with legislation changes & ensure Team colleagues & the Line Manager are made aware.
* Introduce relevant best practice procedures within the specialist area and train team colleagues to comply with enhanced procedures.
* Act as a team member on Logistic projects as required.
If this Import Specialist role is of interest to you, then please apply and one of our team will be in touch