Hourly Rate: £31.00/hour (PAYE) or £42/hour (Umbrella)
IR35 Status: INSIDE. Therefore we will not be allowed to use Limited Companies.
We are currently seeking an experienced Operations Manager to work for one of our clients on a 6 month Contract / FTC basis to manage their production sites and operations. In the long run, there is the distinct possibility that this could lead into a permanent roe.
Responsibilities will include managing the Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Purchasing, Planning, Engineering and Quality teams to promote and maintain a culture of continuous improvement and positive working environment.
Our client is ideally looking for someone who is available immediately.
Operations Manager Requirements:
* Candidates will be Qualified to a minimum of HNC level or a proven relevant 'hands-on' track record.
* You will need to have demonstrable previous experience ideally in a Mechanical production and manufacturing operations management environment, ideally looking after all aspects of a manufacturing site.
* Experience looking after small teams covering the following areas: Manufacturing, Purchasing, Planning, Engineering & Supply Chain
* Ideally familiar with 'Lean' methods and familiar with MRP/ERP systems.
* You will have excellent organisational, communication and problem-solving skills.
Operations Manager Responsibilities:
* You will be responsible to take ownership of the manufacturing and warehousing facilities.
* Liaising with the Health & Safety Officer to ensure compliance with prevailing Health & Safety legislation in respect of the manufacturing and warehousing facilities, including training, risk assessments, COSHH, PPE, etc.
* On a regular basis you will be responsible to maintain and develop production/capacity planning and control and Identify, propose and audit sub-contract suppliers to supplement and complement internal resources.
* As an Operations Manager you will be responsible for managing the procurement of materials, components and sub-assemblies via purchase orders that have been placed and liaise with suppliers and / or sub-contractors to ensure materials are available to meet the production plan.
* You will also be responsible for manpower planning, training and overall development for your staff.
* Other secondary responsibilities will include identifying requirements for capital equipment expenditure and produce investment proposals including payback calculations and expected ROI.
If you are interested in this Operations Manager opportunity, click Apply Now and we will be in touch with you soon.