1) Do your research
- Having knowledge of the company you are interviewing at is vital. Make sure you find out all you can from the recruiters about the company, as well as doing your own research.
- Prepare some questions to ask your interviewers – let them know you are interested in the company.
- Ensure you fully understand the role you are interviewing for - understand the job specification.
2) First impressions count!
- Dress for success.
- Brush your hair, polish your shoes, and make sure you look the part. Remember to give a firm handshake both at the start and end of your interview.
- There are no second chances at a first impression.
3) Plan ahead
- Practice interviewing with a friend of family member – this will help you identify any weaknesses you have as an interviewee.
- Make sure everything is ready the day before your interview. Get familiar with the journey so that you are not late on the day of your interview.
4) During the interview
- Be confident, sell yourself.
- Remain positive throughout, whatever happens.
- Speak clearly and make eye contact.
Please click here to view all news articles